The Dyson Airblade 9kJ hand dryer uses 9.1 kilojoules of energy per dry in Eco mode. With a fleece-lined glass fibre HEPA filter to capture 99.95% of particles(1), including bacteria and viruses, from the washroom air. The quietest(2) Dyson Airblade™ hand dryer features silencers made from open-cell foam and perforated discs, reducing noise as airflow passes through the motor. The Dyson digital motor spins up to 75,000 times a minute(3), powering two 0.45 mm curved apertures. Together they create 388 mph(3) sheets of air that follow the contours of your hands, removing water quickly and hygienically.
(1) HEPA filter tested to EN1822-5, by an independent testing laboratory, under prescribed test conditions.
(2) Average loudness (measured in sones) compared to Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers
(3) Measured in Max mode
(1) Measured in Max mode
(2) Dry time determined for Max mode using Dyson test method 769 based on NSF P335 to a measurement of 0.1g residual moisture.
(3) The environmental impact of electrical appliances and paper towels was measured by the Carbon Trust. The calculations were produced using the software Footprint Expert Pro, based on product use over 5 years and using weighted averages of individual countries of use. Dry times for product were evaluated using DTM 769.
(4) HEPA filter tested to EN1822-5, by an independent testing laboratory, under prescribed test conditions.
(5) Average electricity price £0.1/kWh as of December 2018. For calculations visit www.dyson.com/calcs