RAINSCREEN DUO SLAB® is a dual-density stone wool insulation product specifically developed for use within ventilated cladding systems, as well as sealed systems such as curtain walling. Once installed, the robust outer surface of the slabs, in combination with a factory applied water repelling agent, acts to resist rain ingress during construction.
To ensure a safe living and working environment, we recommend using RAINSCREEN DUO SLAB® in combination with Rockpanel A2 (FS-Xtra). These Euroclass A-rated products for ventilated rainscreen systems are a popular choice for multi-unit residential blocks, office blocks, hospitals, schools, hotels and multi-use developments.
BBA approved (17/5402)
- Euroclass A1 non-combustible - recommended for all building types, particularly those above 18m or deemed high risk
- Easy to install, the tough outer layer of RAINSCREEN DUO SLAB® resists damage on site and over-driving of fixings.
- Shielding your spaces from unwanted noise - Dual Density stone wool insulation acts to absorb and reflect sound, trapping and dampening sound waves. More information, including in-situ testing, can be found in 'Acoustic Performance of Rainscreen Facade Systems'.
- Repels water, yet remains breathable, limiting the risk of condensation
- Optimal temperature whatever the weather outside – the thermal properties of RAINSCREEN DUO SLAB® can dramatically reduce heating, cooling and ventilation costs, and reduce a buildings carbon footprint.